Death of a Superhero

A Family's Story about Courage, Bravery and the Defining Moments of LOVE

Our sweet, lil' baby love lost his battle to AML Leukemia on March 8, 2010. We fought long, hard and very aggressively for 2.5 years, only to have his cancer come back for the fourth time to finally take his life. He was only 3 years old.

This entire blog is about Hunter's amazing journey. It's about his life and his love......his determination and his courage.......his absolutely, brilliant personality, and the affect he's had on people all over the world.

He's left an unimaginable footprint on this earth and has changed the lives of thousands of individuals. People who didn't realize how precious life was, now live it with extreme gratefulness. People who took every minute they get to spend with their children for granted, now savor every last second. And people who weren't quite sure what love is all about, now love deeper, love stronger and love with every ounce of their soul.

People all around the world have shared their love, their well wishes, their prayers and their inspiration, and we could have NEVER achieved as much as we did without them. We are humbled by their generosity & their true friendships & are forever grateful for every last person that has come into our lives through our experience with Hunter. He was our precious baby love who we loved and cherished with all our hearts and we are forever crushed and terribly, broken-hearted.

Dance in the clouds baby cakes. Mom & dad are watching proudly & you will remain so very close to our hearts for all of eternity.

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Hospital Admitting Day

Well I'll have to say it felt a little weird coming back into the hospital. It felt very familiar, yet a little strange after being home for 2 1/2 weeks. We are isolated in our own room since Hunter still has a pretty bad cough. But they've told us that since he's not coughing up blood, it's not that big of a concern. We were wondering if we should postpone starting the chemo because of this, but the doctor stressed the importance of starting AML treatments as soon as their bodies are ready because of the risk of it immediately coming back. He's more mobile this time then when we left. Definitely makes it more difficult when he's hooked up to his IV for other fluids. He's not a fan of only being able to go about two feet. He gets frustrated real quick and doesn't quite get it yet.

Zen did a really wonderful job at scoping out the table situation. He casually talked on his phone outside our room so that he could eye up the inventory. By the end of the night, we had our three rolling tables back. YAY!! He's so sneaky.

The third round started at 5:00 today and so far Hunter is taking it like its no big deal. He was real mellow and a little on the quite side. He'll probably sleep from now until morning.

Last picture before we left our house.

Hunter making his way to the elevators. That's his first time actually walking into the hospital on his own!

After we checked in, the first step is an Echocardiogram to make sure there isn't any damage to his heart from the previous chemo treatments that we need to be aware of.

Didn't seem to mind so much this time. Last Echo he wasn't so still.

Here is the nurse injecting benadryl into his IV. He is pre-medicated for his chemo treatments to reduce any possible reaction or side effects.

Once he's hit with the benadryl, he's usually a little sleepy. He'll be in la la land soon.

No comments: