Death of a Superhero

A Family's Story about Courage, Bravery and the Defining Moments of LOVE

Our sweet, lil' baby love lost his battle to AML Leukemia on March 8, 2010. We fought long, hard and very aggressively for 2.5 years, only to have his cancer come back for the fourth time to finally take his life. He was only 3 years old.

This entire blog is about Hunter's amazing journey. It's about his life and his love......his determination and his courage.......his absolutely, brilliant personality, and the affect he's had on people all over the world.

He's left an unimaginable footprint on this earth and has changed the lives of thousands of individuals. People who didn't realize how precious life was, now live it with extreme gratefulness. People who took every minute they get to spend with their children for granted, now savor every last second. And people who weren't quite sure what love is all about, now love deeper, love stronger and love with every ounce of their soul.

People all around the world have shared their love, their well wishes, their prayers and their inspiration, and we could have NEVER achieved as much as we did without them. We are humbled by their generosity & their true friendships & are forever grateful for every last person that has come into our lives through our experience with Hunter. He was our precious baby love who we loved and cherished with all our hearts and we are forever crushed and terribly, broken-hearted.

Dance in the clouds baby cakes. Mom & dad are watching proudly & you will remain so very close to our hearts for all of eternity.

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

......let the Games begin

(16 Days Post Transplant) we go.............

Constant fevers, runny nose, tummy pain, back on morphine, back on oxygen................and of course.........gotta throw in a virus, which they found this morning with a lovely 5am Xray of his chest. Great nights sleep........yeah right.

He's still crashed out in his bed. I'm sure he's feeling pretty crappy. He's moaning and groaning and not moving around a whole bit. It's now 10:30am and he's been sleeping for about 11 hours. Guess I'd rather be sleeping as well if my body had all of this going on.

The doctors pretty much have him covered with they won't really add any more. Might switch a couple of them up, but for the most part - he's on all the heavy hitters they've got. They apparently just need to swing a little harder!

He still remains in good spirits in between feeling like crap so maybe by late afternoon, he'll feel like throwing down some smiles. I hope so...........I look forward to them on a daily basis.

Our wake-up call at 5am. Nothing like room service. They could have at least brought in some breakfast or coffee.

Hunter in the tub 2 nights ago. One of his better moments.

Hunter in between fevers. Watching "Cars" on his iPhone. Oops, I mean dad's iPhone.

Just steals my heart.

No comments: