Death of a Superhero

A Family's Story about Courage, Bravery and the Defining Moments of LOVE

Our sweet, lil' baby love lost his battle to AML Leukemia on March 8, 2010. We fought long, hard and very aggressively for 2.5 years, only to have his cancer come back for the fourth time to finally take his life. He was only 3 years old.

This entire blog is about Hunter's amazing journey. It's about his life and his love......his determination and his courage.......his absolutely, brilliant personality, and the affect he's had on people all over the world.

He's left an unimaginable footprint on this earth and has changed the lives of thousands of individuals. People who didn't realize how precious life was, now live it with extreme gratefulness. People who took every minute they get to spend with their children for granted, now savor every last second. And people who weren't quite sure what love is all about, now love deeper, love stronger and love with every ounce of their soul.

People all around the world have shared their love, their well wishes, their prayers and their inspiration, and we could have NEVER achieved as much as we did without them. We are humbled by their generosity & their true friendships & are forever grateful for every last person that has come into our lives through our experience with Hunter. He was our precious baby love who we loved and cherished with all our hearts and we are forever crushed and terribly, broken-hearted.

Dance in the clouds baby cakes. Mom & dad are watching proudly & you will remain so very close to our hearts for all of eternity.

Saturday, April 5, 2008

Pics from the 3rd Round of Chemo

This was Hunter on the day of his last fundraiser. He had lots of phone calls to make and asked if I would turn down Sesame Street so that he could hear.

The small bruises on his head are from his platelets being low. Just the slightest bump causes bleeding and they stay for weeks.

Hunter cruising the hospital halls on his quad. He's technically still not supposed to leave his room since he's in "iso" (isolation). But he's so fast, sometimes the nurses don't see him!

Here's tub time in the hospital on the hospital bed. It's more fun that way - although things get a little wet, it's better for mom's back.

Like father like son - totally crashed. I drew kitten whiskers on their faces with a sharpie. They never even woke up.

Hunter exiting the hospital on his quad. He rode from his room on the fourth floor all the way down to the parking garage. All the kids stopped and stared as he rode wheelies down through admitting. He cruised through like a sweet blaze of glory.

Once he got home, he had nothing but Poker on his mind. He's been practicing lots at the hospital in his down time. He beats me every time.

No comments: