1. Hunter smiled this morning.
2. Hunter still has hair. I know I said it yesterday but we are so thankful for the little things.
3. Hunter has gifts coming out of his ears - when a visitor comes by he sticks out his hand expectantly - it's funny now but soon we will have a monster on our hands.
4. We have friends, family and even some people that have never met us - that care, pray, contribute, feed, and visit. We are overwhelmed by all the love and support and we don't have the words to express our sincere appreciation.
5. Hunter didn't get a deep leg thrombosis for Christmas.
6. We are in a wonderful children's hospital.
7. We are living in the biggest room on the cancer floor - kindness and small bribes go a long way.
8. Our room mates were lucky enough to be discharged on Christmas Eve and now we can be loud night owls again.
9. Mateo has a DVD player to replace the one Hunter threw overboard. No guarantee's on it's safe return.
10. We have a bathroom in our room. It's against the rules for the parents to use the bathroom so of course we never do - uh hum.
11. Hunter didn't have a fever after 10 pm again.
12. We have a bottle of champaign and OJ hidden in the closet.
13. The cafeteria is open until 4pm so daddy won't go hungry.
14. The parking is free on holidays.
15. We have Tempurpedic travel mats and pillows.
16. Our nurses and doctors really care. They are great people.
17. Hunter poops - seriously.
Merry Christmas and thank you to everyone!
Death of a Superhero
A Family's Story about Courage, Bravery and the Defining Moments of LOVE
Our sweet, lil' baby love lost his battle to AML Leukemia on March 8, 2010. We fought long, hard and very aggressively for 2.5 years, only to have his cancer come back for the fourth time to finally take his life. He was only 3 years old.
This entire blog is about Hunter's amazing journey. It's about his life and his love......his determination and his courage.......his absolutely, brilliant personality, and the affect he's had on people all over the world.
He's left an unimaginable footprint on this earth and has changed the lives of thousands of individuals. People who didn't realize how precious life was, now live it with extreme gratefulness. People who took every minute they get to spend with their children for granted, now savor every last second. And people who weren't quite sure what love is all about, now love deeper, love stronger and love with every ounce of their soul.
People all around the world have shared their love, their well wishes, their prayers and their inspiration, and we could have NEVER achieved as much as we did without them. We are humbled by their generosity & their true friendships & are forever grateful for every last person that has come into our lives through our experience with Hunter. He was our precious baby love who we loved and cherished with all our hearts and we are forever crushed and terribly, broken-hearted.
Dance in the clouds baby cakes. Mom & dad are watching proudly & you will remain so very close to our hearts for all of eternity.